Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Voice Freed my Heart

Concealed in a flesh prison
No window, no doors
I am prisoner of myself
Prisoner of my heart

There is no escape
No magical key
This will be forever
For all eternity

Sorrow took control
Until I heard a voice
A strong voice
That claimed freedom

The voice was strong but sweet
The voice fought for freedom
For equality
For justice

The walls of my prison came down
I was free
No longer a prisoner
I was finally free

For the first time
I am who I really am
I live my life
I love myself

I seek that voice
The voice that freed me
And there she is
Kind and loving

The voice embraces me
Like her family
Like one of her own
I thank the voice

I thank the voice
For being a voice of freedom
A voice of acceptance
A voice of hope
For being the voice that freed my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment