Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost Reflection in a Mirror

I wrote this poem after the death of my aunt and my grandfather. It was a really hard moment for me. I hope you find the message in it.

I stand in front of a mirror
But no reflection is seen
Where has it gone?
Has my reflection escaped?
Where am I?

A cold voice answers:
Only you know where you are
Only you can find yourself
Only you can bring yourself back
Back from the darkness
Back from loneliness
Back from that prison

The voice disappears
And leaves silence behind
A deep silence that makes my heart shivers
It shivers because of the pain
Of not knowing where am I

There is no place to look
Where to start?
But my heart tells me: inside
Inside of me, in me
There lays the truth

I go deep inside my heart
Where am I?
And in a lonely corner I see a shadow
A lonely shadow
A dim lament is heard

There I am
Suffering for what I become
Suffering because I am killing my self
Killing my mind
Killing my heart
Killing the truth

I approach myself
I feel the sadness
The loneliness
I fell like a fake

But no more
No more faking
It’s time to be me
To follow my dreams
To speak my words
To feel my feelings
To love who I love
It’s time to look at myself
To look at the lost reflection in the mirror
It’s finally time to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment