Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Midnight Whisky

A poem about death, and depression.


I sit alone in the living room
Only accompanied by the silence
I feel the loneliness
I feel the sorrow
I remember when I lived
When life was important to me
When things mattered
Now I am alone
Alone in this house
Alone in life

I drink whisky all night
To fill the emptiness
The hole where my soul used to be
All is pitch black to me now
No light at the end of the tunnel
Just a long lonely walk in the darkness
Just to end up where you started
A meaningless walk

I used to feel happiness,
I used to have feeling
But now I don’t care
I don’t care anymore about me
Don’t care about anybody
Because I know the truth
I know the end to this story
I know it all

One day just when you start
When you start to enjoy life
It’s taken away
Ripped off with no remorse
Stolen like a meaningless object
And nothings is left behind
Just a memory of what you used to be
A dark and distant memory

Why then live?
Why care about anything?
We will all end up six feet under
Cold, lifeless and silent
Our voice will be shot down
And only a small eco will survive
But it will be ignored
Because it’s just a memory
A dark and distant memory

At midnight I drink my last whisky
My last glass
Now I wait
Wait for it all to end
Wait for death.

No comments:

Post a Comment